Benefits of switching to a 3/8x10 joint pin
- Changes the maximum and minimum weight of the cue, enabling it to weight as little as 16 to 17 ounces (if requested) but no more than 19.5 to 20 ounces.
- Pin is a lighter metal: aluminum instead of stainless steel.
- Because of the lighter materials in the joint, this causes a shift in the balance toward the back of the cue, removing weight off the players bridge.
- Additionally, the pin does not have an insert in the shaft. Instead, the screw goes directly into the wood of the shaft, allowing less interference of the wood to wood contact, increasing speed, also reducing weight on the bridge, and reducing deflection.
* Note: Changing the joint pin is a customization that voids the 60 day return policy, except in cases of unambiguous manufacturing defect.